Please review and correct the information below.

Adaptations to your home

If you are finding it hard to manage in your current house or flat, you may want to consider altering or adapting it to suit your needs.

  • You can get information, advice and help on all aspects of making alterations to your home from your local council's housing department.
  • You may be eligible for a Disabled Facilities Grant from your local council to pay for alterations. Grants are means-tested and applicants must have a permanent and substantial disability in order to be considered. An Occupational Therapy assessment is required to support the request for a grant.
  • You could search our Community Directory for house or garden help.
  • If your home needs major adaptations to make it suitable for your needs, you may wish to consider other housing options.

Further information

Age UK produce a guide, Adapting your home, which can be read online or printed off
Independent Age has advice about home adapations.
Disability Rights UK have a Factsheet on Housing Grants.

Last reviewed: 21/04/2016

Useful links

Search the Community Directory

Age UK guide Adapting your home

Disabled Facilities Grant

Report this page

Close window

You can use this form to register any query or complaint you may have about this website or any of the content within it. Simply fill in the details below and this will be sent directly to us to investigate. We will always try and respond within one working day.

Page Reference: Adaptations to your home

However if you have further concerns about internet safety and would like further independent advice, please select the CEOP button below.

Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre Internet Safety
Helpdesk Icon

Need help?

Close window

If you need help using shop4support call the shop4support Helpdesk on
0333 600 6330 or email info@shop4support.com

If you have a question about social care, please contact your council.
Find out who your council is here.


Whilst every care has been taken in the compilation of this information, neither Hampshire County Council nor PCG Limited will be held responsible for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused as a result of using the site and of any inaccuracy or error within these pages. Read full disclaimer.

Connect to Support Hampshire allows you to search for products and services provided by suppliers so that you can find out what support is available. Please let us know if any information found on these pages is inaccurate by using the Feedback button.

Hampshire County Council is not accrediting or recommending any of the products, companies or organisations listed on this website.


Close window
Fill out my online form.


Add my service