Council services

Adult Social Care departments

Connect to Support Hampshire has been developed for all adults in Hampshire who have care and support needs, their carers and families.  We hope that the information on this website will help you to find the right care and support solutions and advice for your situation.

There are some situations where your Adult Social Care department may be able to help you. In some cases, this will be after an assessment of your care needs to see if you are eligible for services.

For more information:

Hampshire County Council Adults' Health and Care

Portsmouth City Council Adult Social Care

Southampton City Council Adult Social Care

What is the difference between district, borough, city and county councils?

Hampshire County Council is responsible for services across the whole of the county (excluding Portsmouth and Southampton), including:

Portsmouth City Council and Southampton City Council are 'unitary authorities'. They provide all of the above services for residents in those cities.

The District and Borough Councils cover a smaller area and are responsible for services, including:

  • Rubbish collection
  • Recycling
  • Council Tax collections
  • Housing
  • Household planning applications
  • Environmental health
  • Leisure centres

Finding information from the County Council and Portsmouth and Southampton City councils.

You can find information about the County Council and the services it provides on the main website 

Connect to Support Hampshire is our main source for advice and information about care and support for adults in Hampshire. However, if you’re looking for information about the Council’s adult social care services and whether you might be eligible for services, please visit the adult social care section of the Hampshire County Council website.

You can find information about Portsmouth and Southampton City Councils and the services they provide on their main websites:

If you’re looking for information about the Councils' adult social care services and whether you might be eligible for services please visit:

Getting involved - co-production opportunities

Hampshire has a strong history of co-producing adult health and social care services with a wide range of Experts by Experience, people who use services and their carers. For more information on what co-production is, please see Hampshire County Council’s online co-production resource - Let's Go with Co-Pro.  If you're interested in hearing about opportunities to co-produce with Hampshire County Council, please register your interest

Finding information from Borough and District Councils

Useful links


Close window
Fill out my online form.


Report this page

Close window

You can use this form to register any query or complaint you may have about this website or any of the content within it. Simply fill in the details below and this will be sent directly to us to investigate. We will always try and respond within one working day.

Page Reference: Council Services

However if you have further concerns about internet safety and would like further independent advice, please select the CEOP button below.

Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre Internet Safety
Helpdesk Icon

Need help?

Close window

If you need help using shop4support call the shop4support Helpdesk on
0333 600 6330 or email

If you have a question about social care, please contact your council.
Find out who your council is here.