Carer's Allowance is paid to people who look after someone with substantial caring needs. You do not have to be related to, or live with the person you care for and you may qualify if:
• you are aged 16 or over
• you spend at least 35 hours looking after someone who gets Attendance Allowance or the middle or higher rate of Disability Living Allowance
For more information see the Carer's Allowance page on the GOV.UK web site.
Carer's Allowance Unit
Phone 0345 608 4321
Carer’s Credit is a National Insurance credit that helps with gaps in your National Insurance record. Your State Pension is based on your National Insurance record. To qualify for Carer's Credit you must be looking after one or more people for a total of at least 20 hours per week.
Each person you care for must get one of the following:
• Disability Living Allowance care component at the middle or highest rate
• Attendance Allowance
• Constant Attendance Allowance
• Personal Independence Payment - daily living component, at the standard or enhanced rate
• Armed Forces Independence Payment
See also our Benefits page to make sure that the person you are caring for is receiving all the benefits and discounts that they are entitled to.
You can use this form to register any query or complaint you may have about this website or any of the content within it. Simply fill in the details below and this will be sent directly to us to investigate. We will always try and respond within one working day.
Page Reference: Financial support for carers
If you need help using shop4support call the shop4support Helpdesk on
0333 600 6330 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a question about social care, please contact your council.
Find out who your council is here.